When there is a situation where the pet or found animal has a good chance of being well, but the owner can’t afford it, this fund will help cover the cost. The veterinarian should call the fund only after the owner has used his/her own resources and applied for a care credit card. We will then assist the owner to the best of our abilities in making a payment towards the bill. The veterinarian or representative will call the fund and the payment will go directly to the practice.
Below are three general guidelines used in making funding decisions. However, every request will be reviewed on a case by case basis and Rose’s Fund for Animals reserves the right to either grant or deny a funding assistance request without further explanation
It is expected that the guardian will contribute to the cost of treatment to the fullest extent possible. Repayment of free loan fund- we ask those that have received financial assistance and are able, to help replenish the fund. This assures that funding is accessible, and enables even one small contribution to go a long way and have a share in extending many more loans. Making sure that money will be available to help save the next pet.
The veterinary practice and owner/guardian consents to allow Max’s Helping Paws Foundation the use of any pictures, practice name and descriptions of medical care for the purposes of promotion and fund raising. Please see the application form attached for further details of funding options.
1. Determine whether you are asking for a grant or a temporary loan.
2. A Request for Financial Assistance form.
○ Pet owners living in Monterey County may use our online application or download the RFA FORM.
○ The treating veterinary hospital must download the RFA FORM and complete the boxed portion underneath the owner’s signature.
3. A treatment estimate from your pet’s veterinarian.
4. Complete medical records from your pet’s veterinarian, including xrays when applicable.
5. Care Credit application results. ○ All pet owner(s) must apply for Care Credit (www.carecredit.com).
6. Proof of financial income for all adults in the household, including but not limited to: ○ 1040 tax form, your most recent bank statement, Social Security Income or unemployment benefit information, food stamp paperwork, etc.
7. Photos of your pet.
8. Documents can be faxed to XXXXXXXXXX or emailed to email@example.com. If you are applying after hours, all paperwork must be emailed to XXX@maxshelpingpaws.org.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Once your complete application and supporting paperwork is received, it will be sent to the MHPF Committee for review. MHPF typically has a response within 4 hours of submitting a complete application to our committee. In emergency cases this will be expedited, dependent upon veterinary recommendation.MHPF will then notify both the pet owner and treating veterinarian of approval or denial